The quick integration time is something Voucherify has been built in mind with. The immediate results you get from the headless approach we applied for the platform. How does it all work, and how much time will the implementation take?
Headless approach for flexibility, speed, and control
The concept of "headless" refers to the decoupling of the frontend of an application or the user interface that the end-user interacts with, and the backend, or the engine of the application that processes all the business logic. When organizations embrace a headless approach in the promotion space, it means they're leveraging a back-end promotion engine that doesn't come with a front-end UI or predefined promotion delivery channels. Instead, they build their own customer touchpoints that consumers use to interact with your promotion deals.
In this way, you get the flexibility, speed, and control over your promotional experiences, namely:
- Faster time-to-market and ongoing iterations.
- Design freedom.
- Lower TCO.
- More control.
- More flexibility to innovate.
- Enhanced brand experience.
- Developer-friendly API.
- Extensive documentation.
- Implementation case studies.
What impacts your integration time?
While Vouchefiy provides several building blocks to power up the whole promotional strategy, from coupons, through referral, to loyalty, the best thing about the headless approach is that you can go in baby steps. Improving one promotional area at a time helps you to go faster and save the budget. Nevertheless, there are still a few key considerations that influence integration time:
- Access to developers – with a headless approach, you will need developers to integrate Voucherify with customer touchpoints and CRM systems.
- The uniqueness of requirements – if you aspire to deliver a unique promotion experience, then you need to analyze which data sources should be synchronized into Voucherify and how to implement it.
- Anticipated future changes – while you might start small, with a single campaign type, i.e., personalized coupons, but you already know you’ll employ other building blocks like referrals, cart-level discounts, or loyalty programs in the future, it’s recommended to increase your planning session before you connect to our API. In this way, you can save yourself redundant work of setting up the schema and flow of data.
In general, the more campaign types, customer touchpoints, and 3rd party systems you want to integrate Voucherify with, the more developer effort is required. On the bright side, this doesn’t grow linearly – once you have Voucherify on board (with customer attributes sitting and redemption endpoints connected to your app or website), adding new campaign types takes less and less time.
Integration time benchmarks
- Lean startup – a day or two, our record is 1h front-end and 1h back-end to accept coupon redemptions in the production environment.
- SME – on average, a week to launch the first campaign, a couple of weeks for more advanced scenarios.
- Enterprise brands with many dependencies – from a couple of weeks to several months, including securing the development team, going through security checks, and onboarding the marketing team.