By importing your product catalog into Voucherify, you get to use products and SKUs to build personalized, product-specific campaign scenarios that can effectively boost your cross- and up-selling strategy.
Discount only selected products in your store
By discounting selected products and not whole orders, you not only get to work out a much better promotional ROI but also personalize your offers more. For instance, you can discount different products based on customer preferences or previous order history.
To learn how to set up a product-specific campaign in Voucherify, go here.
Note that Voucherify supports the application of discounts to whole orders, specific products, and splitting the discount proportionally between products.
Discount only selected products variants (SKUs)
Instead of discounting separate products, you can also launch discounts on specific product variants. This way, you can increase sales of less desirable product variants, like less popular flavors, colors, or editions.
Add a free product to predefined orders (BOGO campaign)
By attaching a free gift to purchase, you offer additional value to customers. By placing a proper strategy in place, this tactic can also help you increase the average order size, boost conversions and get rid of slow-moving stock.
Voucherify supports two different unit discount effects by default:
- Add missing items – The discount gives free item(s) to customers. Free item units are added to the cart only if a customer has fewer free items in the cart than offered by the promotion.
- Add new order items – The discount gives free item(s) to customers. Free item units are always added to the customer's cart in the number assigned to the promotion. If a customer already has a free product in the cart, another one will always be added.
To see how to build a BOGO campaign in Voucherify, follow this link.
Exclude high-value products from the discount
Discounting can hurt the sales of products that are considered high-value and luxurious. Running promotions on such items leads most consumers to suspect bad product quality or other product defects, which can effectively deter them from purchasing.
You can quickly exclude products from the discount with the Voucherify UI.
Discount products based on custom attributes
Thanks to product metadata functionality, you can build discount conditions based on attributes not available in Voucherify by default. You can launch promotions on specific product flavors, colors, categories, editions, and much more. For example, you can introduce a special St. Patrick's Day discount for all green products in your store.
What types of product-specific validation rules can you use?
All product-based discount conditions are built through the use of validation rules. Here is a general overview of rules you can use:
- Discount the following Products and SKUs.
- Exclude the following Products and SKUs.
- The cart contains Product (the discount is applied to the whole order unless the discount effect says otherwise):
- Order items quantity – specify how many items should be in the cart.
- Order item price – define the total price of the product.
- Discount applicable to this order item – the discount will be applied only to this product.
- The cart does not contain a Product.
- Cart contains SKU (the discount is applied to the whole order unless the discount effect says otherwise):
- Order items quantity – specify how many SKUs should be in the cart.
- Order item price – define the total price of the SKU.
- Discount applicable to this order item – the discount will be applied only to this SKU.
- The cart does not contain SKU.
- Product metadata satisfy.
- Any order item product metadata satisfy.
- Each order item product metadata satisfy.
Moreover, with other validation rules, you can add more limits to your products-specific campaign:
- Which segment of customers can use the discount?
- How many redemptions can be made using one coupon (per customer, per day, per campaign)?
- What is the required order value to make a valid redemption?
- And many more.