Voucherify as a CRM platform
Syncing your customer base with Voucherify can lead to multiple benefits. You can:
- Set up customer segments based on custom metadata.
- Create custom events that will trigger rewards for customers.
- Define which customers are eligible for a particular discount based on their attributes.
- Send customers emails/SMS/push notifications with personalized promotions.
- Track redemption history to understand customer behavior.
- Access 360 customer profiles with all customer-level information on their shopping activity, available promotions, redeemed or expired promotions.
- Run 1:1 personalized promotions.
By default, you can store the following customer data in Voucherify:
- Created date
- Postal code
- Purchase history, for example total count of customer orders, total amount of customer orders, the last order total amount, the last purchased order
- Referred customers
- Marketing interaction
- In-store activity
- System attributes, for example Source ID, Source metadata, Source
Customer segments are the key feature of Voucherify because they allow you to define target-specific campaigns and therefore achieve better marketing personalization.
There are 2 types of segments in Voucherify:
- Static – always contains the same number of customers.
- Auto-update – customers dynamically join or leave if they match a given filter (e.g. if you update a customer's property and it matches the filter, the customer will automatically join the segment).
You can create customer segments based on the data you sync with Voucherify. Thanks to custom metadata feature, you can segment customers based on literally any data you wish.
Metadata enables you to extend Voucherify objects with custom attributes. Custom attributes are the attributes that are not built-in by default but you need them to customize promo campaigns. You can use them just as built-in fields for customer segment filters, validation rules, and reporting purposes.
Examples of custom metadata you could use for your customer segmentation:
- Customers working for the health sector.
- Customer company size.
- Customer number of children.
If you want to segment customers around the recency and frequency of a given behavior, you can use custom events. These are objects best suited for tracking high-value customer interactions with your application. Logging a custom event can trigger any number of distributions.
With the custom event metadata field, Voucherify allows you to set properties on custom events. These properties can then be used for further qualifying trigger conditions, increasing personalization in messaging, and generating more sophisticated analytics through the raw data export.
Examples of custom events you can set:
- The customer writes a review of your product on your website.
- The customer liked a picture on your social media platform.
- The customer rated your product on your website.
- The customer watched a youtube video on your channel.
You can use the following criteria to segment customers:
- is not
- has any value
- starts with
- ends with
- is unknown
- is less than
- is more than
- is exactly
With these customer attributes and segmentation possibilities, you can build validation rules as follows:
- New customers only – a predefined segment for customers who just signed up.
- Creation date – target customers who signed up 30 days ago.
- Geo-location – offer deals to different countries, cities, and even zip codes – follow this article to learn more about geo-oriented campaigns.
- Only employees – use email filters (@example.com) to give promos only to your colleagues.
- The last purchased order more than 30 days ago.
- The total amount of customer orders less than $500.
- The email ends with .uk and the source is MailChimp.
- The country is Poland and the total amount of customer orders is more than $100.
- Gender is not female.
- The order contains MacBookAir.
These are the ways you can add customer profiles to Voucherify:
- The initial import can be achieved with a CSV file. If you want to keep your customers database in sync with Voucherify, you should create a customer every time a new user signs up in your shop, therefore API and webhooks are a better long-term solution to keeping your customer database up-to-date.
- You can integrate your CRM platform with Voucherify.
- You can use bulk updates to update up to 100 customers’ attributes.
With Voucherify API you can:
- Create Customer
- Get Customer
- Update Customer
- Delete Customer
- List Customer
- Delete Customer Permanently
- Update Customer’s Metadata
- Update Customers in bulk
- Update Customers’ consents
Voucherify CRM integrations
If you have an existing CEP, CDP, or CRM platform, you can also choose to store all your customer data there and use it to create campaigns in Voucherify. Voucherify provides out-of-the-box integrations with:
You can also integrate Voucherify with any other CEP, CDP, or CRM provider yourself thanks to our flexible API.